Consent to Telemedicine Services
Thank you for choosing Revive Healthcare, P.C. (“ReviveHealth”). ReviveHealth provides virtual healthcare services through licensed healthcare providers. You are viewing this form because you have elected to receive these services through ReviveHealth. The provider(s) you engage with via ReviveHealth are licensed providers in your state.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the delivery of healthcare services, including examination, consultation, diagnosis, and treatment, through electronic communication technologies when you (the patient) are located in a different location than your healthcare provider. ReviveHealth allows you to receive medical and/or mental health treatment from a qualified provider without having to travel to another location or schedule a separate appointment. This helps you avoid long wait times that you might otherwise experience at an in-person visit.
Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Telehealth
ReviveHealth providers may deliver both asynchronous and synchronous telehealth. Asynchronous telehealth is the delivery of telehealth through asynchronous communication. Asynchronous communication is often referred to as “store-and-forward” communication, where patients and providers transmit information to each other to be viewed and responded to later. For example, asynchronous telehealth involves sending photos, video, or other communications via email or text message. “Asynchronous” means “not occurring at the same time” and is different from “synchronous” telemedicine, which generally includes visits conducted in real-time between patients and healthcare practitioners through audio or video means (e.g., live phone calls or video-conferencing). Healthcare practitioners may use asynchronous telemedicine to aid in diagnoses and medical consultations when live communication or face-to-face contact is not possible or necessary.
If you choose to receive mental health treatment through ReviveHealth, you will communicate with your provider via audio-only telephone calls. For medical visits with a physician, you will have the option to communicate via asynchronous text message or synchronous telephone or video chat. If your physician determines the method you choose is insufficient to address your condition(s), your physician may request you use a different method of communication better suited to your needs.
What are the Possible Risks Associated with Telehealth?
As with any healthcare service, there are potential risks associated with receiving care via telehealth. ReviveHealth believes that the likelihood of these risks materializing is very low, but we want to make sure you understand them before using our services.
These risks may include, without limitation, the following:
- Delays in medical evaluation and consultation or treatment may occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment or the Internet, which may include poor data quality, Internet outages, or other service interruption issues. You may reschedule your visit with your healthcare provider should these interruptions occur.
- Security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- Because ReviveHealth does not have access to your complete medical records, if you do not disclose to your healthcare practitioner a full list of your medical history including diagnoses, treatments, medications/supplements, and allergies, adverse treatment, drug interactions or allergic reactions, or other negative outcomes may occur.
The care you receive through ReviveHealth will be at the sole discretion of the healthcare practitioner who is treating you, with no guarantee of diagnosis, treatment, or prescription. Your provider will determine whether or not the condition being diagnosed and/or treated is appropriate for the care provided through a telehealth encounter via the ReviveHealth platform.
Your Rights and Acknowledgements:
These risks may include, without limitation, the following:
- You understand that all information submitted to a provider via text message and entered by your healthcare practitioner into the ReviveHealth platform will be part of your medical record. You can receive a copy of your medical records by contacting ReviveHealth customer service at 888-335-8836. This information will have the same restrictions on dissemination without your consent.
- Telehealth, including via synchronous and asynchronous communication, may involve electronic communication of your personal medical information to healthcare practitioners who may be located in other areas, including outside of your state.
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- You understand you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting ReviveHealth customer service at 888-335-8836.
- You further understand that your healthcare information may be shared in the following circumstances:
- When a valid court order is issued for medical records.
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone's health or safety.
This Telehealth Informed Consent is valid during your entire relationship with ReviveHealth or until it is withdrawn.
Simple, Affordable, Accessible Care for Everyone
Your health and well-being connection is just
Insurance is complex, confusing, and costly.
Access to wellness care can be as simple as 1, 2, 3—even if you’re
unemployed, in-between jobs, or furloughed.
One simple, affordable health membership
Primary care, mental health, wellness, and prescriptions
Revive meets your needs and provides you with peace of mind
We got your back.
Comprehensive wellbeing is actually simple.
We are assurance
- Insurance is insanely expensive and confusing
- Insurance companies take, take, take—from premiums to co-pays to must-meet deductibles
We are peace of mind
- ReviveHealth is simple and easy to understand
- We give, give, give—from a suite of services, discounts, and a break from piles of paperwork and claims
We are health champions
- Delivering solid membership benefits right to you
- Offering services for people’s health concerns
- Outlining clear and precise plans so you know exactly what you’re getting